Dragon Professional V16 is optimised for Windows 11
While fully windows 10 compatible, Dragon Professional V16 has undergone a colossal, year-long rearchitecting and reengineering of its code to ensure optimisation for the new Windows 11 operating system. A decided benefit to Nuance having been acquired by Microsoft in March of 2022 is the unprecedented access to Microsoft development assets it afforded the Dragon engineering team. The result is a Dragon program that is ideally engineered for today and future-proofed for tomorrow by being supported on, certified, and optimised for Windows 11.
- Supports both Windows 11 and Windows 10 operating systems
- Successfully leverages advancements made in Windows 11
- Aligns with the global migration of Windows PC infrastructure to Windows 11
Best in-class accessibility
Long known for its state-of-the-art adaptations for those with physical and cognitive disabilities, Dragon's latest upgrade furthers its commitment to the disability inclusion movement with new features like the ability to use Mouse Grid on multiple monitors. And built with accessibility requirements in mind, Dragon can be easily adapted as needed to meet the most stringent compliance requirements for accessibility or industry reporting. The new Dragon Professional 16 is perfect for helping organizations of all sizes take full advantage of their workforce and for building an inclusive workplace.
- Mouse Grid on multiple monitors is critical in increasing the efficiency for these with physical disabilities working with a large amount of information
- Still stocked with long-standing accessibilities like 'play that back' for proofreading of dictated text, Dragon Professional V16 sets a new standard for accessibility functionality.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Professional 16 expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next-generation speech engine representing the culmination of 25-years worth of tireless progress and technology advancements. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the PC, with Deep Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations, even while you’re dictating. Dragon Professional 16 provides:
- Best ever locally running desktop recognition accuracy
- Continuous learning - even during dictation - for individually adapted accuracy improvements that enhance the user experience
- Optimal accuracy achieved for speakers with accents or in noisy environments
Support for the latest applications
Another benefit to being a Microsoft company is unfettered access to the latest applications for the purpose of integration and support. Because Dragon’s effectiveness is tied to how well it integrates with other applications, it's critical that Dragon supports the latest versions just as it's critical that you have the most current version of Dragon. Dragon Professional 16 provides:
- New support for Office 2021 while still supporting Office 2016/2019
- New support for Microsoft teams commands
- New support for 'Modern Comments' in Microsoft Word dictation
- New support for Corel WordPerfect 2021
Nuance Power Mic 4 Support
The Nuance PowerMic 4 has long been a secret weapon of Dragon power users. Think of it as a microphone and mouse in one. Designed as a robust, ergonomic handheld microphone with simplified thumb-control operation, programmable buttons, and integrated mouse functionality, the PowerMic 4 takes personal productivity to all new heights with the integration of a larger pointing device, high pass filter, and added programable buttons.
- Dragon Professional V16 joins Dragon Medical One and Dragon Professional Anywhere as a PowerMic 4 supported product
Improved high resolution monitor support
Dragon Professional 16 has been enhanced to support common hardware configurations including those with high resolution monitors. Yet another example of Dragon staying ahead of the technology curve.